Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 4 September 2011

Info Post


I keep returning to Versace in discussions on taste and the ever-shifting idea of what is considered gaudy or superfluous. Few designers were/are simultaneously able to exploit the more gaudy aspects of fashion while approaching the sublime. VERSUS was, for a time, a perfect diffusion of this ideal that I feel Donatella has moved the Versace brand away from, all the while embodying a certain amount of supreme, though I feel her collaborations with Christopher Kane are the perfect opportunity to reestablish this ideal.


More and more I find myself wanting to border on the realm of too too much in how I dress and behave. It's as if this society, so heavily affected by the recession, has returned to these physical incarnations of Excess; Everything now is informed by this reactionary nostalgia, for a time that never really was, but has been mythologized by the millennial generation to the point that it is simply accepted as REAL.


Anyway, the real reason I'm writing this has nothing to do with the animal prints of yesteryear and how they may relate to a more primal desire - I am in love with the shoes worn by the man on the furthest left, and am now in search of a relatively similar pair with that wonderful metallic accent on the heel. If only if it was an inch higher, a tinge more excessive!

0 comments:

Post a Comment