Breaking News
Loading...
Monday 9 April 2012

Info Post
Hi, all,

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter celebration with family, friends, and loved ones. Hubby and I attended church services with my father-in-law. Then the three of us met my dad for an early dinner.

So, I only have two cards to share.

OWH Sketch #116

This week's sketch and SignifyPink's lovely paper inspired the Any Hero card below. (I was so happy when my LSS got in more of this gorgeous paper!)

Paper: SignifyPink's Pages of Honor collection; Stamped Image: Stampin' Up!

This week, I was pretty true to the sketch -- but decided to go off-center with the circle since the heat-embossed stars are asymmetrical.

 Before and After

Remember the My Dad, My Hero card I wasn't happy with. Well, I did a little tweaking and am much happier with the new version. 

Before...
...After

 Lee Mae suggested adding a gold border around the text to add a little panache to the sentiment part of the card. Great idea! Thanks, Lee Mae!

I also decided to change the sentiment itself so that it consisted of an odd number of words and two different fonts. 

What a difference!  Now that I have the design down,  I have the parts to assemble nine more of these. :)

Parting Thoughts

Looking forward to an all-day crop on Saturday with a friend. Hoping to make a serious dent in the OWH Muscle Card challenge. It'll be a busy week with work, preparing for my friend's overnight visit, and preparing for the crop.  So much to do and only one week to do it!

Hope everyone has a good week. Happy scrappin' to all! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment