Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday 12 May 2012

Info Post



I love stacking my cake stands, larger on the bottom and all sizes in between.  When I am entertaining I can layer snacks, cupcakes, canapés, etc at all different levels. If you want to make your own various sized cake stands, all you need is a glass candleholder, a clear glass plate and some E6000 glue. There are other glass glues out there, but the only one that I find works well is E600 glue.  I recommend hand washing after use.

You will need:

A glass plate, flat on the bottom  (I found one for 99 cents at a thrift shop)

Clear glass candleholder (also an inexpensive thrift shop find)

E6000 glue

Rubbing alcohol

Cotton swab

Paper towels

1.     Wash the plate and candleholder with soap and water.  Put some alcohol on a paper towel and wipe it on both pieces as well to remove any oils.


2.     Spread some of the E6000 glue around the rim of the top of the candleholder where it will touch the plate bottom. 


3.     Attach the candleholder to which you have added the glue to the center of the bottom of the plate. 


4.     If any glue has smeared on the outside edges carefully wipe with a alcohol soaked cotton swab.


5.     Set aside and let dry for at least 24 hours.



0 comments:

Post a Comment