Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 29 January 2012

Info Post
As this week's featured card maker Lisa so eloquently says on  The Purple Place, it is indeed an honor to be a part of Operation Write Home and it is a work of heart to make cards for our heroes and their loved ones. It is wonderful to be a part of the OWH family.

My sincerest thanks to OWH and Julie for choosing to showcase one of my designs and a few sample cards. I have to say the pressure was really on -- and I hope this week's sketch inspires a lot of wonderful creations!


Operation Write Home has provided me with a way to pay forward for all of the blessings bestowed upon my family and me over the years.
  • As with many OWHers, the military has played a significant role in my family's life. As some of you know, my father-in-law was a B-17 pilot, flying several missions over Germany during World War II. He is the most amazing man -- one of America's Greatest Generation.
  • And, my Uncle Charlie and Uncle Ken served in the Navy and Army, respectively -- with my Uncle Ken serving in Vietnam. (Needless to say, the Army-Navy football game is a major event in those two households!) 
  • Finally, as a former high school teacher, I taught a number of young people who enlisted in a branch of the military following graduation. It's humbling to think that one of their loved ones could be receiving one of my cards. Paying forward, indeed!

A few quick words about the sample cards.
  • The Gratitude card is from my favorite paper -- the Bo Bunny Snowfall collection -- and was featured in a previous post.
  • The paper for the Asian-inspired card is KaiserCraft's Lush Collection. When Julie contacted me this week about using my sketch, I knew we needed a springier sample and this card was born.
  • Of course, the patriotic card is my Any Hero interpretation for the week. (I'm happy to say that I have 5 Any Hero cards going out in my shipment this week!) I've had the star paper forever -- and think it's from Creative Memories. The Kraft paper is by BasicGrey. And, it might be worth mentioning that the kraft star is 3 layers -- with the bottom layer adhered directly to the card and the top and middle layers adhered using a pop dot.

Thanks for stopping by Scrapping with Purpose! :)   And, kudos to Operation Write Home for being such an awesome group that does amazing things one card at a time! 

Happy scrappin'!

0 comments:

Post a Comment